This croissant was just my idea to make easier but still taste good. I love croissant butcouple days ago I wanted to make a different style which is more asian taste. Croissant Tongkol is literally translated as Skipjack Tuna Croissant.
|Special Consideration:||Quick and Easy|
1 can (120 grams) skipjack tuna in water
1 pkg. Pillsbury croissants
1/2 tsp ground corriander seed
1-2 tsp lime/lemon juice
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
salt and sugar as desired
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
• Filling: In a small pot, add 1 can of tuna, coriander seed, ground black pepper, lime juice, sugar and salt. Simmer at medium heat for 15 minutes, stir occasionally. Remove from heat and add sliced green onions. Stir.
• Preheat the oven at 375F.
• Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Stretch them a bit so you can fill them.
• Place a good tbsp. or so on each croissant and roll it up tucking the sides over so as to leave no openings for the mix to leak out.
• Roll croissants in the melted butter and then sprinkle sesame seed on top.
• Bake for 10-13 minutes.