Indonesia Eats was born from the madness of an Indonesian-born
Winnipeg based foodie, cooking instructor and food photographer and she then moved again to Edmonton in 2017. In 2005, she moved to her new country (Canada), she realized there are plenty Indonesian recipes in English but very few that were presented the authenticity of the food itself. She then decided to blog and photograph what she cooked through her blogspot in 2006 with a name “The Art and Science of Food.” Indonesia Eats finally moved to its own domain indonesiaeats.com in 2010.
Indonesia Eats carries the diversity of Indonesian culinary from Sabang to Merauke, from West to East Indonesia with Indonesia’s indigenous techniques and ingredients as well as the influence of Chinese, Indian, Middle East, Spanish, Portuguese before the Dutch came to colonize most of the archipelago.
Indonesia Eats is available for catering in
Winnipeg Edmonton (Canada) and cooking class as well as commissioned assignments anywhere in North America and Southeast Asia. To license photos not currently on Indonesia Eats GETTY IMAGES PORTFOLIO, please contact directly.
FEATURES & MENTIONS
1. Apartment Therapy’s The Kitchn: Get Them While You Can! Fiddlehead Ferns in Season
2. Winnipeg Free Press: Turning Javanese (Tiny local Indonesian community stays connected with festivals and food)
3. Rasa Malaysia: Gado-Gado recipe
4. Leite’s Culinaria: Christmas Eve Calamari
5. Chicken Farmers of Canada: Food Blogger Interview with Pepy Nasution
7. Pig Pig’s Corner: Lombok Kethok recipe
8. My Cooking Hut: Rujak Manis (Indonesian Fruit Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce) recipe
10. Food Wanderings: Indonesian Cassava Fritters Stuffed with Coconut Sugar recipe
11. Culinary Arts College: Voracious Reading: 50 Amazing Food & Travel Blogs
12. Host’s Choice Award on DMBLGIT ( Does My Blog Look Good In This) April 2011