This time I made the shrimp version of Vietnamese Egg Rolls to complete my Vietnamese Grilled Shrimp Rice Vermicelli (Bun Tom Nuong). Compare to Indonesian lumpia, Cha Ram (Vietnamese Shrimp Egg Rolls) is very simple to make. Enjoy this cha ram with any of your favourite sauce or Vietnamese favourite, Nuoc Mam Cham (Fish Dipping Sauce).
This is a really free style recipe. No measurement is needed.
– Vietnamese Shrimp Egg Rolls –
recipe by Wandering Chopsticks
as many shrimps as you like
as many green onions as you like
spring roll wrappers
a pinch of salt
1. Peel and devein shrimps; sprinkle a pinch of salt over them and mix thoroughly. Roughly chop shrimps.
2. Slice the green onions into 2-inch pieces or on the diagonal.
3. Combine shrimps and green onions.
4. Place on wraps and roll (see how to wrap egg roll)
5. Deep fry until golden brown.