Common stir fry that is usually for Bakmi Ayam Jamur (Noodles with Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry). Since my husband doesn’t consume poultry, I substituted for veggie ground round (vegetarian ground meat).
Stir Fry Mushroom and Vegetarian Ground Meat with Kecap Manis
Recipe by me
340 g vegetarian ground meat*
400 g mushroom sliced
2 medium onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 cm ginger, thinly sliced
2 – 3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) ==>add more if you like sweeter tasted
salt and ground white pepper as desired
combining soy and sesame oil to stir fry
2 – 3 green onions, thinly sliced
1. In a skillet, heat the oil, add onion, ginger, garlic. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
2. Add mushroom, vegetarian meat, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce, salt and white pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the liquid evaporates and thicken. Add green onion, stir evenly. Remove from heat. Serve with steamed rice, noodle or sandwich/bread.
* Vegetarian meat is quick to cook
Other related posts to “Mushroom”:
- Shittake Rice Vermicelli
- Indonesian and Mushroom Martabak
- Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
- Bakmi Ayam Jamur Pangsit