I grew up with Japanese cartoon characters. One of my favourites was “Born To Cook”. It was about a young guy who really wanted to be a chef. He had a cooking battle like Iron Chef. As I remember he cooked Japanese Style Curry, which was looking good. Back then, I didn’t know how to make it and I didn’t know where I could find the curry sauce ready-to-use, because Japanese ingredients weren’t popular yet.
The first time I made this I put pinneaple, but in this recipe I used tomato instead. I also have my own way to eat this, I served over the noodle.
|Category:||Soups & Stews
225 g boneless and skinless chicken/meat/seafood/tofu (whichever you desire or combine them)
2 tbsp oil for stir fry
2 -3 cubes Glico curry sauce
1 medium carrot
1 medium onion
1 medium potato
2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
option your favorit vegetables and fruits (I used tomato)
cayenne pepper as desired or omit it
- Cut all ingredients into bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet, stir fry onion. Add all other ingredients and stir for few minutes.
- Add 2 cups (500 mlm) of water to the skillet and bring to boil. Cook in medium low heat with a lid for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and add Glico curry sauce (break into several pieces). Stir until completely melted. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice, pasta/noodle or bread.