I modified this recipe from detikfood.com that was reposted by Hangtuah Digital Library at http://kulinerkita.multiply.com/journal/item/178. The differences between my modified recipes and the original one are I added homemade vegetables broth instead of water, added Chinese snow peas, added olive oil instead of butter and I didn’t sautee the celery, due to the added celery in vegetables broth before.
This dish was made for my husband who doesn’t consume red meat and it means his body needs iron from other sources which we can get from red kidney bean. Red kidney bean is not only high in iron but also high in fiber.
|Category:||Soups & Stews|
160 g dried red kidney bean
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small (25 g) yellow onion, chopped
2 green onions, roughly sliced
1000 ml homemade vegetables broth (it contains water, broccoli, celery stalks, carrots, onion, garlic, green onion, salt and sugar as desired)
1 (100 g) carrot, cut as desired
70 g Chinese snow peas, halved
1 (300 g) red onion, peeled and cut as desired
1 tomato, cut as desired
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 – 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
salt only if you need
1. Soak red kidney bean in cold water at least 6 hours. Drain.
2. Bring water to a boil, add red kidney bean and cook until tender. Drain.
3. Sautee onion in oilve oil until fragrant and wilted. Add green onion, sautee until wilted
4. Add vegetables broth, add red kidney bean. Cook at low heat until boiling
5. Add remaining vegetables, nutmeg, white peper, and salt (only if you need).
6. Continue cooking until all vegetables tender and done. Remove from heat. Serve warmed.