I was randomly asking on twitter, “which mooncake do you like the traditional or snowy ones? I personally like the snowy one. However, since I wasn’t grown up with mooncake I didn’t taste the one that a friend of mine, Tuty likes. She likes the Indonesian mooncake ” Sin Hap Hoat” brand (Flavours: chocolate, cheese, raisins, durian,cashews). According to her, those mooncakes aren’t sold in other countries.
Well, I’m quite happy with my durian snowy mooncake here which I bought from the Asian store. If you’re interested to make your own, here are some great recipes of traditional and snowy mooncakes.
- Durian Snowskin Mooncake by Kokke69
- Traditional Baked Mooncake by Kokken69
- Green Tea Snowskin Mooncake by Anncoo Journal
- Snowskin Mooncake by Anncoo Journal
- Traditional Baked Mooncake by Anncoo Journal
- Snowskin Mooncake with Natural Colouring Ingredients by Rasa Malaysia
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to anyone who celebrates it