What do you need to make this 10 minutes vegan chocolate mousse? Just semi-sweet chocolate chips and almond flavoured silken tofu. Soft tofu is softer than regular and acceptable for this recipe.
Important: Always buy the freshest tofu possible for this recipe because you want it to have a mild flavor. The closer tofu comes to the “best by” date, the stronger the flavor. Try to buy tofu that has at least 2 or 3 weeks to go before expiration.
1 package (300 g) almond flavoured silken tofu
1 – 1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp pure almond/vanila extract (add this only if you use plain silken tofu or you want more flavour, I didn’t add this)
• In your food processor/hand blender, combine vanilla/almond extract and tofu. Whirl until the mixture is absolutely smooth, scraping the sides frequently.
• Melt the chocolate chip in a double boiler or microwave (on a very low power). Careful not to burn or boil the chocolate.
• Add the melted chocolate to the tofu and whirl until very well blended. When the chocolate hits the cold tofu, it will begin to solidify. This is okay because this is what gives you the tiny chocolate bits.
• Scrape down the sides and taste the mousse to determine if you want to add more sweetener or chocolate.
• Spoon the mousse into dessert glasses. Serve cold.